July 3, 2007

When weekends attack

This weekend felt so full. There was a Hen's Night, a zombie movie double feature, afternoon tea with friends, much sewing. What's a girl to do when The Philosopher had a bigger Buck's Night than you had a Hen's night and is still snoring off his sake? When the kitchen is still a bomb site and the cupboard is looking bare? Eat!

Since going gluten free I've been keeping a bigger selection of staples in my cupboards. So long as you have some polenta, some cocoa, water or milk, and some form of sweetener in the house, you can make yourself a delicious breakfast. Or dessert. Whatever!

From Recipezaar, Chocolate Polenta Pudding was my first find when I went on a GF recipe hunt and it was a fantastic start...

2 tbsp polenta
1 tbsp baking cocoa
1 cup water or milk or soy milk (or some combination thereof)
sweetener to taste. I prefer honey or maple syrup over sugar.

Mix polenta and cocoa with liquid in a microwave safe bowl and nuke for 3 minutes (I assume on high, I just press the button). Stir each minute. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes and drizzle with sweetener of choice.

No comments: