July 31, 2007

My letter to Crust Pizza bar (yet to be sent)

Dear Manager,

I am very grateful to your stores for stocking gluten free pizza bases. Being able to order food to be delivered is completely fantastic and adds normalcy to a life that is bound by dietary restrictions.

Also, your pizza bases are very strongly flavoured of beans. I would suggest changing brands to one that does not use bean flour, perhaps a rice based version.

HOWEVER, I am very unhappy that after ordering approximately five gluten free pizzas from your Armadale store, all of which were barbeque chicken, I find that the barbeque sauce is NOT gluten free. It wasn’t until I called and asked that I was advised of this and am now being sent a nutritional information sheet.

I look on your website to check the allergen information and find that the ricotta pizza I ordered instead of the BBQ one contains gluten. The same list also lists the barbeque chicken pizza as NOT containing gluten despite staff members declaring that the sauce contains gluten. I called to cancel my order and get a refund put on my credit card (as I paid over the phone with it) only to be told the pizzas had already been made and there was uncertainty as to getting a refund at all.

I am very happy that I am only gluten intolerant and not coeliac. I have only had very minor health issues from this that I did not trace back to your product until this evening. A sufferer of full blown coeliac may suffer terribly from intestinal problems, mood swings or other immune responses because of this.

I am saddened by this and while I applaud your efforts I find them woefully inadequate and think you would be better to scrap the whole gluten free idea rather than poison your customers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this is one of the great bar of pizza which provide large varieties of pizza and the upper one is looking too great to

eat. Usually pizza restaurants are so rare which provide large varieties.Pizza Bar