July 26, 2007

Muffin Mix

I finally branched out and got a different mix. I put down the Well and Good and went for a Basco muffin mix in chocolate. I only got to eat one before I went dairy free (skim milk powder or some such :( ) but it was good, just like a normal muffin. I added extra chocolate chips and mmmm the warm muffin smell and the oozing chocolate chips is bliss.

I made them on Sunday with the only issue being the bottoms got a little burnt (common problem I've found with rice flour muffins, you have to keep an eagle eye on them). Last night (Wednesday) starving guests polished the rest off. I hadn't even put them in a container, figuring The Philosopher would polish them quickly enough. Verdict? Even after 3 days sitting on a bench they were good.
I found them just as good as Well and Good, perhaps slightly drier. However, I don't like that I'm stuck with a chocolate muffin. The Well and Good ones are plain (vanilla?) are I can add cocoa and chocolate chips easily enough, or blueberries or cheese or whatever I decide I want. The Basco limits me to chocolately ones. Not a bad thing, but not always what I want in a muffin.

7.5/10

No comments: