June 20, 2007

What am I going to do? Two of my favourite bloggers are leaving the internet for awhile to do things in the real world? Gluten Free Goddess and Something In Season I shall miss you and eagerly await any random posts you write. I hope you come back!

Gluten Free Goddess, your mexican recipes made the Philosopher be reinspired and made the crappy GF tortillas delectable. Everyone should try her sour cream chicken enchiladas.

Something In Season, you gave me insight into a wider world. You bolstered my opinion that baking GF does not need 1001 flours. You gave me ginger cake that reinspired me to bake, looking beyond the GF baking mixes.

I never commented in their blogs. They probably don't know I write this blog. But I Miss You Cupcake misses them and the work hours are suddenly much more lonely.

In food related news, I cooked for my mother last night. Poor mum, she broke her ankle, so I drove the two hours home to make her and my sister dinner and play with her cute little dog.

Dinner: pan fried chicken breast with creamy mustard mushroom sauce
Pan fry chicken. In a seperate pan add 3-4 sliced mushrooms and cook gently. Add garlic to taste (~1 clove). Pour in cream, I used ~3/4 of a small container, so maybe 3/4 of a cup. Spoon in some mustard. Generally I use wholegrain but this time I used dijon, 1-2 tsp or to taste. heat through.
Take cooked chicken off heat and serve with sauce on top with a green salad and you're done!

Variation: Generally I make this recipe with some white wine as well, but I'm not allowed that while detoxing my body, curses.

If you have a La Porchetta in your area, I used to order something vagely similar (in that it was a creamy/mustard sauce) called Chicken New York. It was a staple of my diet when I handily lived next door to a La Porchetta. The sauce went marvellously with fries. Alas, that store stopped making it. But maybe somewhere they do again.

No comments: