February 3, 2009

020209RBento


020209RBento
Originally uploaded by moonshae
This week is the week I started making not just bentos for me, but for The Boy as well! I'm quite excited by this. I love bento-ing and now I have infected him as well!! Plus (don't tell) he could probably stand to lose a few kilos.
As he works mostly from home I'm going to focus on the days he goes to uni but am going to try for every day as he has the bad habit of just grabbing whatever (generally dim sims and microwaving them) for lunch because he can't think of what to have. If he has a lunchbox full of things he has no excuse!

The picture is his first ever bento (made by me at least). Packed with stuff though he said he got rather hungry in the afternoon so he requested more protein to fill him up more. Requests already! AND he completely loved the carrot kinpari from justbento.com which is good because we have a LOT of carrots and there's only so many carrot sticks a girl can eat!!

This weeks challenge from justbento.com was to make a bento for someone else, done! already! But I'm going to continue last week's challenge of pinching those pennies as I just paid bond on my new house (yay moving over the next month!). So I am completely broke until next week. But happily I went shopping on Sunday for the essentials and managed to only spend half of what we normally do!! We will need to grab some more veges at some point due to the supermarket having awful specimens but that'll be pretty cheap. While I won't be able to guarantee new exciting bento for the next little while, as I try to use up all our food before we move (and can't buy much more *g*) I now know that he likes everything pictured above.

The challenge for myself last week was to make a "pretty" bento and I don't think I really made that challenge until today's bento (see flickr stream). It just looks really good to me. The beautiful emerald of the broccoli for one! Never thought I'd say that!
This weeks challenge is to limit the meat in my bentos. I've been going off meat lately for the most part. I ate kangaroo mince happily last night but the mini hamburgers aren't appealing. Ham is okay though, enough that I have some today because I needed a space filler. Crazy, eh? So expect many eggs in my bentos this week! I'm aiming for a tamagoyaki for Thursday because I start later then and don't think it would be good made the night before. But that experiment shall occur soon to if Thursday is successful.

In non-bento news, I am officially enrolled in my Millinery course AND my Couture course for this year. I start in March and *happy dance* it's going to be awesome. I'm glad I have a couple of weeks to get all my supplies! Penny pinching bentos are going to continue for quite awhile I think!
Also, I have a Level 80 Shadow Priest now. I am a nerd!

No comments: