October 30, 2007

Chocolate biscuits and risotto

Two new products, one of which I'm eating now!

First off, my nice and warm Field Mushroom Risotto by Simple Healtheries. I like Healtheries. They do great rice wheels. I haven't really hated any product of theirs. I grabbed this rather dear (~$8) instant meal on a whim the other week simply so I'd have an emergency food in the cupboard.
Result? Not too bad. There's a bit of that instant food aftertaste, possibly from the large amount of salt in it. The mushrooms and vegetable stock make a definate statement as well though that makes my stomach grin. There are a few options for cooking it and I chose microwaving, though learn from my mistake and don't cover it with gladwrap - it melts. Luckily my lunch seemed to be unscathed (I hope!). This is not something I'd eat regularly but would have in the cupboard regularly just in case and not grudginly accept but readily eat.
8/10 +1 for being the only healthy and filling instant meal I've found so far

LEDA Choculence biscuits
These were eaten with friends last night, none of whom are GF. These little biccies were instantly renamed Faux-Tams and munched on. Meltier than tim-tams, I'd recommend keeping them cool to prevent messy fingers, especially in kids. Not exactly like tim tams, being dairy free they are not as chocolatey. The inner cream bit is more creamy than chocolate. The biscuit is a bit crisper and sweeter in that rice floury way. Not bad. Not my cup of tea, but neither were timtams really.
7.5/10

And if you haven't tried LEDA bars yet I suggest you hunt them up! These were my stable handbag emergency meal when I was doing a severely restricted diet with the natropath. Kind of cakey in texture and more filling than the average muesli bar, these things definately come through in a hungry pinch.
8/10

www.ledanutrition.com
http://www.healtheries.co.nz/

2 comments:

Julie said...

Welcome to my swap. I'm going to swap with you since the other participants are all from the US.

I can't tell what kind of sewing things you'd like from your blog. Can you give mer some ideas? m n

Julie said...

Believe it or not, I have all your sewing swap stuff ready to go. I spent the day cleaning my work room and pulled things out for you as I went along. I just need your mailing address. Email me at redhenstudios@aol.com.