September 3, 2007

Pizza and Tapas

Basque tapas bar is on Chapel St, Windsor, which is definately a street that knows it's trendy. The food is lovely, the wine and spanish cocktails awesome and in general, it's gluten free. While you may not be able to eat churros (Spanish donuts) but you CAN eat the chocolate sauce that comes with them. With a spoon. Decadently. Awesome.

A friend pointed me to her supermarket this weekend saying she'd seen all these frozen GF goodies. I was glad to find Patties pies and sausage rolls after I got a comment about them! I bought sausage rolls but have yet to try them. I also bought a Freedom Foods GF pizza, supreme flavour. Not awful is the final opinion, but too small for me. Maybe 6 inches in diamater, this pizza needs a side salad, which sucks when you're somewhere with only a frozen pizza to eat. But it was definately as good as a frozen pizza can be. But since I have now realised how easy and quick it is to whip up a pizza base I don't think I'll bother paying around $7 again for half a meal of adequate pizza when less than $5 will get me a mix for 2 pizza bases that will cook in about the same amount of time. Sure, I'll have to wash a bowl and cut up toppings, but I like personalised pizza.
4/10 with a bonus for convenience.

I avoided the $12 chicken nuggets though it was nice to know they exist. Same with the crumbed frozen fish. Nice to know if I crave it I can have it, if the day I crave it happens to be a payday.

No comments: