September 5, 2007

Patties Sausage Rolls

I had one of these for dinner last night. Straight out of the packet I decided I wanted to like them. Individually wrapped in plastic (convenient for those who need to fit just one in an esky) and having a pinched off edge of pastry rather than just being rolled in it, these sausage rolls talk the talk. They look like a gourmet frozen sausage roll.
Cooked well, though I didn't pay attention to the time (oops) so not sure if they needed the full 25 minutes from frozen the pack directed. I'm guessing slightly more but that's just a guess. No burning or crumbling of pastry, both good signs!
The taste I am sad to say was bland. The filling could use some oomph. Some more salt maybe (saying so may get me lynched) or some herbs or some onion would lift these out of bland. The pastry is slightly sweet which I have come to expect from gluten free pastry, from the rice flour I'm assuming, and is not too dry. Overall, with a good GF tomato or BBQ sauce, these are an excellent GF version of a classic.
6.5/10

1 comment:

Real Tears said...

I agree, I think that the cardboard box would have had the same taste and texture.

Maybe we should let them know.